PREPARATION FOR A PEEL TREATMENT
You will be having a peel treatment on the day of your appointment. Please follow the instructions below to prepare:
- Use of AlumierMD home care products prior to your peel are recommended to prepare the skin, allow for better treatment results and reduce the risk of complications. Please consult your doctor or skincare specialist for your skin type and condition.
It is recommended that you take the following into consideration:
- For best results and to reduce the risk of complications, it is recommended that you use AlumierMD home care products for 10 to 14 days prior to treatment.
- If you are breastfeeding, pregnant, or may be pregnant, consult your doctor before receiving any treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure and tanning beds for at least 2 weeks prior to treatment
- Avoid the use of retinoid products (eg. retinol, Retin-A, Tazorac) and high levels of AHA and BHA products for approximately 7 days prior to the treatment. Consult your doctor before temporarily discontinuing the use of any prescription medications.
AlumierMD skin treatments result in minimal to no downtime but create dramatic and visible results. Treatments can cause slight redness, tightness, peeling, flaking or temporary dryness. Most patients do not find it necessary to apply makeup, as the skin will be smooth, dewy and radiant following your treatment.
Please refrain from any of the following treatments 14 days prior to your AlumierMD peel treatment:
- Chemical peels
- Laser hair removal
- Photofacial treatments
- Radio Frequency treatments
- Tanning beds
- Exposure to the sun
Please refrain from any of the following treatments 7 days prior to your AlumierMD peel treatment:
- Dermal Filler injections
- Fake Tan
- AHA/BHA products
- Topical medications (check with your doctor)
- Facial waxing/threading
If you have an active cold sore or skin infection on the day you are booked in for your peel, we will have to rearrange your appointment for when it has cleared.
Please let me know if you have any questions about your peel treatment. You will be given your post peel treatment products for use for 5 – 7 days after your peel.